I used to suppose hen breasts have been bland and boring, however then I modified how I approached them. As an alternative of seeing hen breast as the principle characteristic of a recipe, now I see them merely because the automobile for the flavour in a recipe. On this BBQ Cheddar Baked Hen, the hen breast is a filling base that carries the tangy BBQ sauce, creamy cheddar, zesty pink onion, and contemporary cilantro straight to your style buds. When hen breast is used like this, I’m ALL ABOUT IT.
Suggestions for Baking Hen Breast
Efficiently baking hen breast can take just a little know-how. If you wish to keep away from overcooked or dry hen breast, listed below are a number of ideas:
- Alter baking time for the dimensions of your hen breast. Bigger or thicker hen breasts will take longer to cook dinner (20-25 minutes), whereas thinner or smaller hen breasts will take much less time (15-18 minutes).
- Use a mallet or rolling pin to softly pound the thick finish of your hen breasts to make the breast a extra even thickness. This helps them cook dinner shortly and evenly.
- Use a meat thermometer for greatest outcomes. Hen breasts ought to be cooked till they attain an inner temperature of 165ºF. The extra it cooks past that time the extra it is going to start to dry out and grow to be powerful.
- Let the hen breast relaxation after baking. Ensure that to let the hen breast sit for 5-10 minutes after baking to cut back the steam stress inside the meat. This helps the juices keep within the meat as soon as it’s lower, slightly than escaping and forsaking dry, powerful meat.
Can I Use Bone-In Hen?
This recipe is greatest suited to boneless, skinless hen breasts or thighs. Bone-in hen takes for much longer to cook dinner by means of and you might discover that the BBQ sauce begins to burn with these longer cook dinner occasions.
What Sort of BBQ Sauce is Greatest?
For an affordable but flavorful BBQ sauce, I normally go along with Candy Child Ray’s, however I extremely counsel utilizing no matter model BBQ sauce you want the perfect. And whereas nearly any taste BBQ sauce would work for this dish, I’d lean towards one thing extra on the savory or smoky aspect slightly than a sweeter BBQ sauce.
What to Serve with BBQ Cheddar Baked Hen
I served my BBQ Cheddar Baked Hen with some potato salad and a colourful bean salad (recipes coming subsequent week), however I believe it might additionally go nice with Cowboy Caviar, Mashed Potatoes, Candy Potato Cornbread, Summer time Candy Corn Salad, Spicy Candy Potato Fries, or Inexperienced Chile Mac and Cheese.
BBQ Cheddar Baked Hen
Neglect boring or bland baked hen breasts, this BBQ Cheddar Baked Hen goes to be the star of your dinner plate.
- 2 boneless, skinless hen breasts (about 1.3 kilos complete) ($7.58)
- 1 tsp smoked paprika ($0.10)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder ($0.05)
- 1/4 tsp salt ($0.02)
- 1/4 tsp freshly cracked black pepper ($0.02)
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce ($0.13)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar ($0.85)
- 1/4 cup diced pink onion ($0.05)
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro ($0.09)
Preheat the oven to 400ºF. In case your hen breasts are very thick or uneven in thickness, use a mallet or rolling pin to first pound them out to a extra even thickness. Slice the hen breasts in half, so you’ve gotten 4 items.
Mix the smoked paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Pat the hen dry with paper towel, then sprinkle the seasoning combine over either side of every piece of hen.
Place the seasoned hen items in a baking dish, then spoon 1 Tbsp BBQ sauce over prime of every piece, spreading it from edge to edge to cowl the hen.
Bake the hen within the preheated 400ºF oven for about 18 minutes (much less for smaller or thinner items).
Take away the hen from the oven and prime each bit with shredded cheddar. Return the hen to the oven and proceed baking for 5 minutes, or till the hen reaches an inner temperature of 165ºF.
After baking the hen, let the hen relaxation for 5 minutes, then prime with diced pink onion and chopped cilantro simply earlier than serving.
See how we calculate recipe prices right here.
Serving: 1 serving ・ Energy: 320 kcal ・ Carbohydrates: 9 g ・ Protein: 39 g ・ Fats: 13 g ・ Sodium: 677 mg ・ Fiber: 1 g
Dietary values are estimates solely. See our full vitamin disclaimer right here.
The gear part above incorporates affiliate hyperlinks to merchandise we use and love. As an Amazon Affiliate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Make BBQ Cheddar Baked Hen – Step by Step Pictures
You’ll want two boneless, skinless hen breasts for this recipe, about 1.3 lbs. complete. In case your hen breasts are very thick or a really uneven thickness, use a mallet or rolling pin to softly pound them to a extra even thickness. This helps them cook dinner extra shortly and evenly. (Protecting them with plastic helps preserve every thing clear as you pound.
Pat the hen breast dry, then lower every one in half so that you’ve got 4 items. Mix 1 tsp smoked paprika, ½ tsp garlic powder, ¼ tsp salt, and ¼ tsp freshly cracked black pepper. Sprinkle the seasoning over all sides of the hen items.
Place 1 Tbsp BBQ sauce over each bit of hen and unfold it to cowl the floor. Switch the hen to the preheated 400ºF oven and bake for about 18 minutes (a couple of minutes much less for smaller or thinner hen items).
Whereas the hen is baking, put together the toppings. Shred about 1 cup cheddar cheese, finely cube about ¼ cup pink onion, and roughly chop ¼ cup cilantro.
After baking for about 18 minutes, take away the hen from the oven and prime the hen with about 1 cup shredded cheese (about ¼ cup per piece of hen). Return the hen to the oven and bake for an additional 5 minutes, or till the interior temperature of the hen reaches 165ºF.
After baking, let the hen relaxation for about 5 minutes, then prime with the diced pink onion and chopped cilantro.
Serve and revel in!!